Oro Valley, Arizona
Oro Valley is located in northern Pima County approximately three miles north of the Tucson city limits. Nestled between the Catalina and Tortolita mountain ranges, the town sits at an elevation of 2,620 feet and covers more than 36 square miles.
Incorporated in April 1974 and home to more than 43,565, the Town of Oro Valley employs the council-manager form of municipal government. Oro Valley is administered by a seven-member Town Council.
The town is located approximately 110 miles (180 km) southeast of the state capital of Phoenix.
Oro Valley is situated in the western foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains at the base of Pusch Ridge. The Tortolita Mountains are located north of the town, and vistas of the Tucson valley are to the south. The town occupies the middle Cañada del Oro Valley. Oro Valley hosts a large number of residents from around the US who maintain second or winter homes in the town.
Find adventure with fantastic destinations for nearby daytrips. Go boating, water skiing and fishing at one of several lakes, each within a two-hour drive. In the winter, Mount Lemmon—only 60 minutes away in the Santa Catalina Mountains—offers a great downhill skiing challenge for all ages and levels.
Residents in Oro Valley enjoy an upscale lifestyle and our population is balanced across all age segments. Projections indicate continued, healthy growth. Per capita income is among the highest of any community in Arizona.
- Median age is 49.8
- 96.8% have high school diplomas or higher
- 51.5% have a bachelor’s degree or higher
Town of Oro Valley
Source: 2010 Census data and 2015 American Community Survey data
- Population: 43,565
- Number of households: 17,364
- Median home value: $276,600
- Median household income: $74,480
- Per capita income: $39,397
- Land area in square miles: 36 square miles
- Person per square mile: 1,154.4 persons/sq mi
- Oro Valley is ranked safest city in Arizona - Safe Home 2017
- Oro Valley named Arizona's best small city - WalletHub 2017
- One of America’s 10 Safest Suburbs - Movoto Real Estate, 2014
- Best Place in Arizona to Raise Kids - Bloomberg Businessweek, 2013
- Playful City USA, 2011 - 2017
- 10 Best Towns for Families - Family Circle Magazine, August 2008
- 100 Best Places in America to Live and Launch a Small Business - Fortune Small Business Magazine, April 2008
See all Oro Valley Homes for Sale now by using Search Link below.
- Catalina Foothills, Arizona
- Catalina, Arizona
- Continental Ranch
- Gladden Farms, Marana
- Heritage highlands at Dove Mountain
- La Paloma Neighborhood, Arizona
- La Reserve, Oro Valley Subdivision
- Marana, Arizona
- Oro Valley, Arizona
- Rancho Vistoso, Oro Valley
- Sam Hughes Neighborhood, Arizona
- Skyranch, Marana
- Sun City Oro Valley
- Sunflower at Continental Ranch
- Tucson, Arizona
- Casas Adobes
- Shadow Hills neighborhood
- Tucson Country Club Estates