If you are in the process of financing a new home, there are a few rules you'll want to follow to ensure your funds will be released when it's time for closing on your new home:
1. Do not change jobs, quit your job, or become self-employed.
2. Do not make any large purchases such as a car or furniture with your credit card or fall behind on your bills.
3. Don't spend the money you put aside for closing costs.
4. Do not omit debts or liabilities on your loan application.
5. Do not originate any inquiries into your credit.
6. Do not change bank accounts.
7. Do not co-sign a loan for anyone.